This opportunity permit you to enjoy the best Andean views. Four stops were carefully selected in order to maximize your appreciation during this visit to the mountain.
The experience begins in your hotel where your guide (and driver) will pick you up to then head east towards to the Andes mountains by the road that connects the city with the main Ski Resorts. Among the main attractions is La Paloma Glacier, one of the most extensive ice bodies of the Central Andes. We will reach 3,000m (9842,52ft) above sea level when we arrive to Valle Nevado Ski Resort -with bathroom, food, and souvenir facilities-, and from a lookout you will observe El Plomo mountain, with an imposing reach over 5,500m (17795,28ft) high. The last stop will take place at the Condor Lookout; a huge -and secure- cliff from where you will have a delicious wine & cheese tasting while you can delight the views, with the possibility of encountering the majestic condor, which with its 3-meter wingspan, often elegantly glides by the area.
A combination of easy backcountry hiking and the pleasure of having a wine and cheese picnic at an incredible spot away from the people and the noise of the city.
This alternative begins along the same road to the ski resorts. After traveling 50 kilometres (31mi) and passing 40 curves going uphill, you will reach La Parva Ski Resort, located at an altitude of 2,670m (8,750ft). Near the parking area the group will put the snowshoes* and start hiking northward across the ski trails. The hike lasts about 30 minutes along an easy and flat path to reach a great spot we have chosen in advance where the guide will prepare a “surprise picnic”. After this you will return to the vehicle by the same trail to hit the road and return back to your hotel.
*Because in winter time there is snow accumulated, the hike is made wearing snowshoes
Note: Family easy tour doesn’t require any previous experience.
- Activity: Andean tour
- Tour length: Half Day
- Difficulty: Easy
- Season: All year round
- Panoramic views
- Easy Andean Hike
- 08:00 Hotel pick up
- 08:45 Stop Nº1. Curve Nº 16
- 09:15 Stop Nº2. Farellones Village
- 10:00 Stop Nº3. Valle Nevado Ski Resort
- 11:00 Stop Nº4. Condor Lookout
- 13:15 Back in your hotel
Easy Andean Hike
- 08:00 Hotel pick up
- 09:30 Arrival to La Parva Ski Resort
- 10:00 Beginning of the snow hike
- 11:00 Picnicl by the lookout
- 12:00 Returning to the vehicle
- 13:00 Car ride back to Santiago
- 14:15 Back in your hotel
- Bilingual guide ENG – ESP
- Picnic: bottle of wine and 1/2 liter of water p.p. Blue and camembert cheese, rice crackers, olives, peanuts and potato chips
- First aid kit
- Snowshoes and poles when needed
- Sun hat
- Hiking shoes
- Thermal shirt (long sleeves if possible)
- 2nd warmer layer
- Water or wind proof jacket