By the morning we are going to visit Zapallar beach, an exclusive village with a startling geography. Here we will have the opportunity to hike by the Boldo Natural Park, blanket by a relict forest product of the Humboldt oceanic current and its hills proximity to the sea that facilitate the condensation of coastal fog, bringing special conditions for it successful development. In this activity we can reach high altitudes to admire the beaches of Cachagua, Zapallar and Papudo among others.
After the hike the group will arrive to Las Cujas bay from where our assistant will be waiting with the kayaks over the white sand. From this quiet place we board and start paddling for about 20 minutes to reach the Natural Monument of Cachagua Island. It has registered 14 species of coastal and oceanic birds, making this protected area a fragile and unique ecosystem. Among these birds, there is one that can only survive thanks to the conditions offered by this island; The Humboldt Penguin. An endemic bird of the Humboldt current which inhabits almost the entire Chilean coast and the south of Peru. Here you can contemplate closely a population of these flightless birds. If we’re lucky we can meet the Chungungo, the smallest marine mammal in the world, or also sea lions which often visit these island.
Experience with your family and friends a unique experience in direct contact with the delights offered by the central coast of Chile and meet the beautiful natural life that shelter these places.
- Activity: Hike and Kayaking
- Tour length: Full day
- Location: Cachagua and Zapallar
- Difficulty: Easy
- Season: All year round
- Kayaking distance: 2 miles
- 07:30 Pick up at the hotel
- 09:30 Arrival to Zapallar. Begining of the trek
- 13:00 Arrival to Las Cujas bech. Lunch time
- 14:00 Kayaking by Cachagua Island
- 15:00 End of kayaking
- 16:00 Return back to Santiago
- 18:00 Back in your hotel
- Guide ENG/ESP
- Inflatable double Kayaks *
- Dry bags
- Box lunch: one sandwich and a large salad; cereal bar; chocolate or cookies; tea and coffee; two fruits and water.
- First aid kit
- Accident insurance
- Personal clothing
* Inflatable kayaks for two people are stable, comfortable and resilient. Oars, life jackets and bilge pumps are included.
- Warm and windproof clothes
- Sun hat
- Hiking shoes
- Swimsuit and towel in summer
Due the changing sea conditions, which sometimes makes impossible the kayaking activity, Coigüe Expeditions reserves the decision to make kayaking on the bay of Zapallar instead. However, it is always possible to watch Penguins with binoculars from the shoreline.